06 February 2010

Three Brides and a Zombie

Two friends are getting married this year, L this February and A in June... little did I know that would join the fray so soon!

After a month on vacation I saw both of them again last night, but had very little chance to talk since a little snafu at the office held me hostage until 9:30pm. L was so much thinner from the diet and the preparations but had to fly off early for her morning show, and A sat so close to her groom J the whole time... aww. It's great to see them together again.

A & J did all the wedding preps themselves, TOGETHER. J gave me a great idea to make my paperwork woes disappear (but more on that later). They asked me last night if I could make the flowered stretch headbands for the kids on the entourage and of course I said yes!

This is one of the stretchy headbands I made for friends this christmas which I suppose they found cute, modeled by friend JV:

But seeing A&J had me wishing H wasn't from a different planet. I'm planning the wedding here with friends because I can't leave my job and H is assigned to plan the French wedding (his mom is really doing most of it!) because he can't leave his job, but it's so hard to decide on the colors and the location and the menu! White dress vs yellow dress? Band vs. DJ? I keep changing my mind every day! And I can't call him anytime because of the time difference: his night is my day and my day is his night. Hardest of all, he was so sad last Monday because he missed me but we can't hug through Skype. I wish real life was like the Take on Me music video. We can't be together until summer, in 6 aggravatingly protracted months. Lordalmighty. Somebody please invent a teleporter already!

I finished the evening (more like started the morning) with friends M and O, drinking a pitcher of zombie out in the street, toasting to loves lost, love found, loves yet to be and finding a path through the labyrinth. M promised to host my wedding too, woohoo! At least that's one thing off the list :)

How to make a zombie:

1/2 oz 151-proof rum
1 oz pineapple juice
1 oz papaya or orange juice
1/2 apricot brandy
1 tsp sugar
2 oz light rum / white rum
1 oz dark rum / golden rum
1 oz lime juice

Blend everything with ice except the 151. Pour into a glass. Float the 151 on top. Garnishing is a waste of time. I read on wikipedia that you could light this up, so grab a lighter and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. mawj! yey, another blog to follow. love the stretchy headbands 'cause you didn't scrimp on the burloloys plus... di masakit sa ulo unlike those hard, plastic ones! thanks so much for agreeing to make 'em. for wedding inspirations, spanks and i visit greenweddingshoes.blogspot.com. ang daming winner ideas especially if you're into the vintage look :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the link, agayski! i'm going to shop for flowers soon. excited na meeh. stay happy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Read