20 February 2010

Cluelessnesses

No sleep and all play makes stripeysocks a dull gurl gril gerl. So with very little sleep, I set off with my brother in our trusty car to scope out some recommended wedding venues south of Manila.

Now, just to be clear, I do know that weddings are expensive. That was why I wanted a very simple one. Him and Me, some food, lots of drinking, women jumping after the bouquet - simple. But imagine my surprise when one guest relations officer showed me the cost estimate for their caterer's package: P210K. And since there is only one package and you can only upgrade the menu, that meant I would be entitled to the following:

1) doves in a cage
2) a limo
3) a torch parade (eh? santacruzan?)
4) lots of pretentious crap I don't need

Too bad, I liked the view. And they said the venue was free... but you had to get their caterer. Boo.

Back at work, they told me it was actually a steal and I was crazy to think I could get a lower deal anywhere. But I'm not paying for anything I don't need.

The day after that I went to the bridal fair and took some flyers. Man, makeup is expensive too! And what is up with lumping everything up in a package? "P10K makeup for 3 people plus the groom." The groom doesn't need to look like a drag queen, I DO!

So, with a cheerful heart, I trudge on in the quest for the perfect wedding venue. And a dress. Good lowrd, the dress. I have 5 months left.

2 comments:

  1. you should talk to jona. she's getting married too, but next year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. naku, after going to a friend's wedding today i'm about 80% settled on a place... but still holding out for a nice, inexpensive garden :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Read