10 February 2010

Crazy Schemes!

When I tell people I want a red, white and blue wedding, I get a few raised eyebrows. My friend/invite designer actually drew up this color scheme to maybe persuade me to think things over:

Gah! But I'm sticking to my color scheme for a reason.

No, our nuptials won’t fall on the Fourth of July nor on Philippine Independence Day, we are not that patriotic. (But we did sing our national anthems to each other on our second date.) Sure, it’s not your typical motif - and thank God it’s not, because I don’t want someone else's wedding - Anyone who knows me won't take me for a traditional bride anyway - and maybe even laugh at any attempt to be one.

While some girls dream in pinks and baby blue hues, my palette is inspired by the rebellious red of my chucks, the deep blue of the ocean that separates us, and the pristine white of the slopes I saw outside the window on our first day as fiance and fiancee.


The Red, the White and the Blue.


The dreamer from France and the spaced-out chick from the islands (whom his friends liken to a burst of sunshine…)


It’s not as tacky as you might think.



Plus the dream shoes, because I WILL learn to walk in heels!!!!

 

And in honor of my flag, there will be a little yellow too - but I'm saving that story for later ;)

7 comments:

  1. i love the color scheme! perfect! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty combination! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. and yes, its my dream too. to walk in heels. hehehe. XP

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, jing :D oh maaaan, i was trying it out in the department store - i couldn't walk without holding on to the shelves, hu-huuu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!

    I actually was really hooked on a red and sea green color scheme until Charlie said: "Ano gusto mo sa kasal mo, Nacho Libre?"

    I wore blue heels too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Charlie's always right. I hate him sometimes.

    Blue shoes. Mmmm. As if afford ko ang louboutins XD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Read