05 February 2010

How It Began


A little over 5 years and a heartbreak ago I made a list of what I want in a man, put it in a box and waited until he came. That list included quirky things like "doesn't have a funny last name," "will give me a flower for no particular reason," "will kiss me under the moon," and a sample drawing of his haircut.

2 years and a hangover later I found it again, realized I had settled for less and burned it. And then I met him. The man I thought I only made up in my mind. And now we are getting married! Oooooh! And I can't stop smiling! But I should mention we are getting married three times in 12 months too. Oh yes we are. Twice in his country and once in mine. Seems like a fun thing to do. Seems easy too... Or maybe until I wake up a day before the wedding, unwashed and stressing over table settings, we'll see :)

Before all that though, I have a mountain of paperwork to sort out. We come from different countries so we have to jump more than the usual bureaucratic hoops. A very perceptive friend told me yesterday: "Why can't they just be happy for you?" And it's actually the best comeback against any consul or government clerk who stands between me and my papers: "Why, you got something against true love?" (More on this later.)


Et alors,

Welcome to my new blog. The wedding blog. In the next entries you will know more about me & H, our families, our friends and how we plan to accomplish the impossible: turning me into a bride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Read