11 December 2010

I'M A L'HIVER LOVER - to borrow from binoe p.

ow
Early December, in pictures.

Earrings. A birthday gift from http://rockandrule.weebly.com/ 
H had a meeting at the Champs Elysees, so I tagged along to take pictures...
And window shop. I can wait until the sale season starts in January :D
This is for my mom, whose Omega I *kind of* killed when I was a kid.
A message from above. I HEAR YA SAMSUNG BUILDING!
We always had a christmas tree in Manila, and for the sake of tradition, we got one as soon as December struck. We are still a little Pinoy in this house :) It's my first real tree!

We went up and down the street to shop for the perfect tree and got one from just beside the building.
A simple candle-lit pesto dinner.
Some decors are from his old stash, some I got from Habitat, some from Ikea,
and some from
Hapao, Ifugao
An unexpected snowstorm takes Paris by surprise and leaves the city deep in 4 inches of snow.
Morning after. Kids leave fresh tracks on the snow.
I left this bottle outside to chill it naturally. But the sun was in the mood to play contrary.
Golden, but colder than when there were clouds.
The snow left unexpected flooding, and many cars were left on the street from the night before.
There's a sight you don't see every day.
But the snowstorm also brought with it a stranded friend on her way to Poland:
Michie, in the green coat with Jj in the yellow scarf.
The man in the middle, I don't know. He squeezed himself in.
And then we took Paris by... well, I can't say by storm,
we were more of a light drizzle.
We had tarts at the Marais.
The interiors of Le Loir are so hip.
There's an impression of bipolarity, like they maybe tried and gave up.
The reason behind the teashop's whimsical name is illustrated in the mural. 
This reminds me of an artist friend in Manila who made a painting of a misunderstood elephant in Japan.
And my brother who knows the answer to "What's up?"
There was a photoshoot in the Loir when we came in, but I couldn't take a clear picture of the girl they were taking pictures of... so I took a picture of Michie instead.
They had quiches and I had a gateau.
But we all had a pact to show the lemon pie no mercy the next time we are in Paris all at the same time.
We walked to Les Halles because we needed to put Michie in the train straight to CDG Airport.
H called to make sure we were on our way because he rechecked the flight schedule while us girls were touring. 
And then I went straight to school. Was absurdly early.
The benches in the courtyard were covered in snow so I hung out at the coffee lounge instead.

3 comments:

  1. That lemon pie!!!!!! Where? Where? Please please please take me there when I visit!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nyaks I just realized I sound kinda makapal. Just goes to show I'm a total ho for anything lemon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. of course! i'm a tart for tarts meself :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Read