08 December 2010

S'now The End Is Near

It was snowing all day, but it was great because H and I could watch the news, the pointless posturing at Assembleé Nationale and the underwear show (also pointless), have breakfast, lunch and afternoon coffee, and work on our laptops - all without leaving the house; comfy and warm in our socks and jammies. 

It's a day that's going in the vault as one of the best times of our early married life, just because it's so simple. 

The French have two words for happy: "content" and "heureux". 

They favor "heureux" because it is the  state of happiness, but I prefer "content" because it means you have everything you want to make you happy. It means, after seeing everything the world has to offer, you are satisfied. 

Everybody's trying to chase after what makes them happy. Consumerism has made it hard to find contentment. But, thank you, I'm good. Je suis content.

Thank you, snow day :)






So now, the end of the day is near, I have one more article to finish then I could do my assignment, maybe watch some True Blood, and then sleep because I have to get something from Habitat for someone before class tomorrow... I wouldn't want to walk all the way to the store in the dark after school. Hngggh. 

Mmmm... you had me at "chocolate vodka"

Is it Friday yet? I need to get my drink on.

I'm going to try this as soon as track down the ingredients:

Reindeer Tracks from The Nest

Ingredients
2 oz. Van Gogh Dutch Chocolate Vodka
1 oz. hazelnut liqueur
1/2 oz. crème de cacao
Splash of cream
2 chocolate cookie wafers, crushed
PreparationRim a martini glass with chocolate cookie crumbs and set aside. Shake Van Gogh Dutch Chocolate Vodka, hazelnut liqueur, crème de cacao and cream over ice and pour into the glass. Dust top with more chocolate cookie crumbs.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Read