07 April 2011

Chicken Mango Salad

Senator and ex-fugitive Panfilo Lacson and I have something in common: we learned how to cook while in self-exile (or in his case, hiding) through the wonders of the internet. One of my more successful forays into Jamie Oliver territory is this mango salad, which I tweaked from a recipe I found on Google.

H and I have been trying really hard to lose the winter weight, I only just realized I had gained 14 lbs since last year! So for a month or more we have been trying to stick to salads. This one he said I could make every day. 


So as soon as I woke up today I went to the fresh food market (which visits our street only on Thursdays and Sundays up to 12 noon) and got some giant Peruvian mangoes and heads of salad to surprise H with after swimming.

Dressing

3 tablespoons orange juice
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon mustard (optional)
salt and pepper
chopped parsley
basil

Salad

Chicken breast slices (boiled or roasted)
2 oranges, peeled
1 peruvian mango or 2 yellow mangoes, sliced
cherry tomatoes, halved
grapes, peeled
1 bell pepper, cubed
chopped shallots

Directions

1) Cook chicken - I prefer boiling it because it's easier, but roasted chicken is tastier.
2) Whisk dressing
3) Toss everything in a bowl

It's that easy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Read