18 June 2011

Grès Anatomy

I had been meaning to go to the Bourdelle Museum to see the Madame Grès exhibit for a while, but when I stopped seeing the posters around Paris I figured the exhibit must have ended. WRONG. I saw the posters again this week at St. Germain after hanging out with a friend at Les Deux Magots (je sais, so tourist-y). Now I know for sure the exhibit will be around for a few more weeks, until August 28 exactly - our wedding anniversary.

So, now, this is the part where I explain why I want to go. Everyone knows I'm in no way a fashionista, but while I was researching the gown I wanted to wear to my wedding I came across Madame Grès.

From Paris.fr.
 
I love her signature Graecian silhouette. She makes women look like goddesses taking some time off from their altars; flowing and graceful, like living sculptures. It came as no surprise then, to learn that she was also a sculptress.

I mean, how lovely is this? From Trendland.net.

It may seem like a stretch to combine the hellenistic spirit of her aesthetic into the Filipiñana gown we all know, but I found a designer who was willing to work with my unorthodox idea. Hence, my dual- function detachable dress.

With my mom, minutes before the wedding.


J'adore the draping around the waist :) If only it wasn't so long!


Too bad I couldn't fit into it anymore, heheh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Read