31 August 2011

Food Break

I've been really busy around the kitchen recently.

Rice to the occasion.

My cousin gave me a bag of bibingka (rice cake) mix that I poured into my muffin pan. H is now a fan.

Shining, simmering, splendid.

Then I made my first ratatouille ever, with a set of instructions from a French cookbook. I didn't really know what I was doing, and I fretted the whole time if I was doing it right, but apparently I did. I put in 2 sprigs of thyme from the in-laws' yard. The Frenchman is amazed at my first attempt, putting it at the level of a great cook we both know.

So fond of fondant.

For dessert, a fondant with hot, slushy chocolate inside and a spoon of pistachio and nougat ice cream that the neighbor gave us about a month ago (*gasp*).

Margherita 1. Good for 2.

Then I got bread flour and made my very first pizza dough. Chopped some tomatoes, onions and garlic and let it boil for 2 hours to make homemade passata, then picked basil from the balcony and put them on top.


Because I had a lot of passata and mozzarella left, I made a ginormous pizza to finish everything off.

Margherita 2. Good for 2 also!
Our Snow White tray is the only thing that can carry it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Read