03 February 2011

2010 2ème Partie

This is the second part of this entry. Just so you can't say I don't finish what I start :)

June.
This was the month of running around like a headless chicken. In one day I would be zipping about from Pasig to QC, Mandaluyong to Cavite then Bulacan, QC to Marikina then Makati to Subic... and other seemingly impossible permutations. But I made it through alive (with a smile on my face). Hallelujah!


I went from my pre-wedding seminar to a friend's wedding shower, then from my gown fitting to a friend's wedding, I had shoots lined up while hunting for shoes (and then finally settling for having one custom made in Markina) and making headbands for Agay's wedding, I dealt with orders for my sideline business, requirements for my family's visa application, and hurrying off from meeting to meeting like the White Rabbit. There were also spur-of-the-moment reunions with The Dwarfs (what we called our gang in La Salle) after one of us got sick, and the JPREMS (my high school posse) for the funeral of Patti's Dadad.

An unexpected reunion with some of my oldest and dearest friends.
Sadly, it was a tragic event that reunited us.



But most unforgettably, my family and I went to Cavite to check the repairs on our first house. My dad was supposed to oversee it until we found out about his cancer and then we didn't have the money or the heart to finish it in 2009. By some miracle (and financial wizardry), my mother found the money to finish the house just before I left, on the anniversary of my father's passing.

Visited dad for the last time before getting married.
July.
After months of fretting, Mommy, Allan and Girly finally got their Schengen visas! It was the last, most important thing I needed to handle. After making sure that the bridesmaid and the family of the bride can follow in August, I got my signal to start packing. I cleaned my desk at the office and gave away what I could bear to part with.

Allan seems to be happy, but I'm not so sure :-\

Like a condemned woman I ate everything I could think of that I would miss, and said goodbye to the people I would miss even more than the food.

Jeyn and Patti of JPREMS (Pau and Jen still owe me pictures of our meet-up).
My fabulous lunch bitches.
The Legendary Yakkers. (Picture borrowed from Calvin)
The gorgeous dwarves and dwarfettes who cast their lot at my mini bridal bouquet toss.
Writers, poets, lovers of words! (Picture borrowed from Cathy)
Office friends throwing me a bridal shower! (Pic borrowed from Cathy.)
Probe farewell (pero reunion) party
And this is how I prefer to remember July: drink in hand and not crying! (Pic borrowed from Mark)

August.
There isn't enough space to write the highlights of August because every moment of every day there was something new and exciting that made me giddy like a fifth cup of coffee. 


H and I traveled a lot, and I saw and learned more about France. I swam in the Mediterranean, explored medieval cities, lived on a boat, saw the coast from an enthralling vantage point, woke up to gorgeous sunrises, had dinner under shooting stars, showed my family around Paris and the rest of France... 

 
Too many things. After a few weeks I began speaking a bit of French!

Trying on hats down the road from the coliseum in Arles. It's a Provence thing.

But best of all, in a matter of weeks H and I went - 




We clean up pretty well, if I do say so meself :)


From the official wedding photo album by Jenny (Soon to be uploaded!!!)

To be continued (soon, fingers crossed!)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Most Read